- 2 slices country style bread, lightly toasted
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) béchamel sauce
- 150 g pepper smoked ham, sliced thin
- 1 cup (250 ml) grated gruyere cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C) and place grill rack in middle.
- Place the 2 bread slices side by side on a baking sheet.
- Spread half the béchamel on the bread.
- Arrange ham slices over top, cover with the remaining béchamel and sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Place in oven and bake 12 minutes or until cheese bubbles and starts to brown.
- Serve hot.