Lasagna with ham, grilled vegetables and cheese.
« For quicker preparation, use store-bought marinara sauce. »
Lasagna with ham and grilled vegetables is the perfect dish to help you come to terms with life on a Monday night, when it seems like the whole week is already weighing on you.
- 450 g of shaved traditional cooked ham
- 250 ml tomato juice (only if using “oven-ready” pasta)
- 475 g ricotta
- 1 package lasagna noodles, cooked and drained, or “oven ready” lasagna
- 150 g grated “St-Guillaume” mozzarella cheese
- 75 g grated “Parmigiano Il Villaggio” cheese
- 2 egg whites
- 1 ml (¼ tsp.) crushed chili
- 1 ml (¼ tsp.) dried oregano
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) fresh basil, chopped
- Nutmeg, freshly grated
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 green zucchini, 1 red pepper, 1 red onion
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) olive oil
- 2.5 ml (½ tsp.) rosemary
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Marinara sauce (1 litre)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) olive oil
- 1 can (796 ml) whole Italian tomatoes
- 1 can (156 ml) tomato paste
- 1 ml (¼ tsp.) sugar
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) fresh basil, snipped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a saucepan, sweat the onion and the garlic in the oil. Do not overcook. Add the tomatoes, crushed by hand.
- Add the tomato paste and sugar; season.
- Bring to a boil and let simmer slowly for 30 minutes. Remove from heat; add the basil.
- Adjust seasoning and set aside, keeping hot.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C (425°F), or the barbecue on high setting.
- Cut the zucchini into long slices, and the pepper and onion into quarters. On a baking sheet, combine the vegetables with the olive oil and the rosemary, add salt and pepper, and completely coat the vegetables.
- Bake (in the oven or the barbecue), stirring from time to time, until the vegetables are browned.
- In a bowl, combine the ricotta, egg whites, chili, basil, oregano, nutmeg, pepper, 50 g mozzarella and 35 g ricotta. Mix well and set aside.
- In a gratin dish, alternate layers of sauce, pasta, ham and grilled vegetables, with the cheese mix in the centre. Finish with the rest of the parmesan and mozzarella.
- Add 250 ml tomato juice (for “oven-ready” pasta only). Bake at 177°C (350°F) for 45 minutes, and let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve in plates with the Marinara sauce.