- 300 g old fashioned shaved smoked chicken breast, cut into strips
- 2 red tomatoes, cut into half-rounds
- 1 cucumber, cut into half-rounds
- ¼ cup (60 ml) sliced black olives
- ¾ cup (180 ml) feta cheese, cubed
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) olive oil
- ½ tsp. dry oregano
- 1 handful basil leaves
- 2 cups (500 ml) iceberg lettuce, shredded
- Salt and pepper
- 4 whole wheat pita breads, very fresh
- Cut the top off each pita bread leaving an opening of about 4 inches (12 cm).
- Place all ingredients except lettuce in a bowl, season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Shake off excess dressing from filling and divide between the 4 pita pockets.
- Place shredded lettuce in remaining dressing and toss well. Divide lettuce between the pitas and serve immediately.