- 8 slices white or brown bread
- 300 g Black Forest ham, sliced thin
- 200 g Emmental cheese, sliced
- Place 4 slices of bread on a work surface and top evenly with Black Forest ham.
- Place cheese slices on ham and close sandwiches with the other 4 slices of bread.
- Heat a large cast iron frying pan on medium heat, butter the tops of the sandwiches and place on hot pan buttered side down.
- Cook for 2 minutes, pressing lightly with a spatula.
- Butter the tops and turn sandwiches gently to cook other side.
- Cook another 2 minutes pressing lightly.
- Remove sandwiches from heat, cut in 2 and serve immediately.