« Prepare this recipe in 3 easy steps »
When you make Spicy Italian sausage and bocconcini meatballs, always make double the recipe… because they seem to vanish before even reaching the table!
- 1 package (450g) Olymel Amoré Spicy Italian Sausages
- 200 g cocktail bocconcini cheese
- 2 slices bread of choice, coarsely diced
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
- Store-bought Marinara sauce
- In a large bowl, combine diced bread and milk and set aside for two minutes. Remove sausage meat from casings and place in bowl. Add basil and mix thoroughly.
- In the palm of your hand, roll approximately 40 g of sausage mix into a ball; place cocktail bocconcini piece at the centre of the sausage ball and roll, making sure to completely cover the cheese. Place on parchment lined cooking plate.
- Cook in oven at 375 °F (190 °C) for 15 to 20 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 80 °C (175 °F). Remove from oven and serve with hot Marinara sauce.