Melted brie with cranberries, bacon and pecans
Remember the first time you tried melted brie? It was incredible, right? You and your friends are now ready to take things to the next level with this bacon, cranberry and pecan version. You'll melt with delight!
- 100 g Olymel applewood smoked bacon chopped into 1/2 cm (1/4 in.) strips
- 1 brie wheel, 375 g
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) dried cranberries
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) pecans
- 75 ml (1/4 cup) port or cranberry juice
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) fresh parsley, snipped
- In a bowl, combine cranberries with the port or cranberry juice and let soak 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 °F (180 °C).
- In a pan, sweat the onion and bacon about 10 minutes and remove excess fat. Add cranberry mixture. Reduce until almost dry. Add the pecans.
- Place the cheese on a piece of aluminum foil about 30 cm (12 in.) long. Crimp foil around cheese so it keeps its shape during baking. Top cheese with garnish. Place on baking sheet.
- Bake about 10 minutes. Garnish with fresh parsley.
- Serve hot and whole, accompanied by pieces of baguette or bread rusks.