« Prepare pizza in advance, freeze, then bake as needed. »
Don't wait for a special occasion to make this pizza. The taste of salami and grilled vegetables on top will add a little joy to your life any day of the week.
- 350 g Olymel salami, thinly sliced
- 350 g pizza dough
- all-purpose flour
- olive oil
- 650 g mixed pizza cheese, grated
- 325 ml tomato sauce
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) olive oil
- ¼ red pepper, cut into wide strips
- ¼ green pepper, cut into wide strips
- ¼ onion, cut into wide strips
- ½ zucchini, cut in two lengthwise and then sliced crosswise
- salt and fresh ground pepper
- Preheat BBQ to high setting or oven to Broil setting. Combine vegetables with oil, salt and pepper on baking sheet. Grill directly on the BBQ, turning frequently, or in the oven. Blot vegetables with paper towel after cooking. Let cool, cut into small pieces and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Divide dough into four equal parts. Roll out dough on work surface sprinkled with flour, stretching to form a rim on each crust. Place on floured pizza pan.
- Brush each pizza crust with olive oil and top with tomato sauce, salami slices, and grilled vegetables, ending with cheese. Sprinkle rim of crust with flour. Bake in oven for 15 to 20 minutes, until pizza dough is golden and cheese has melted.