Italian Mini Toasts
- 2 gourmet Italian sausages, cooked (mild or spicy)
- 1 package garlic and herb Boursin
- 2 large roasted peppers (homemade or store bought)
- 1 small clove garlic, pressed
- 6-8 black olives, sliced
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) chopped capers
- 1 ½ tbsp. (22.5 ml) Xeres vinegar
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) olive oil
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) Corinth grapes
- 1 pinch dried oregano
- 1 multi-grain ciabatta baguette, cut in 2 along the side
- Salt and pepper
- Cut the gourmet Italian sausages into slices. Set aside.
- Cut the peppers into fine slices and place in a salad bowl.
- Add the garlic, olives, capers, vinegar, oil and Corinth grapes, sprinkle with oregano and salt and pepper and mix well. Let stand 30 minutes then mix again.
- Separate the baguettes halves and place on a baking sheet.
- Turn oven on broil and toast about 5 minutes or until golden brown, remove and let cool completely.
- Spread each baguette half with the garlic herb Boursin and cut into 6 to 7 segments.
- Garnish each mini-toast with pepper salad, then with sausage slices and serve immediately.