Brussels sprouts dauphinois.
For a brunch that will mostly be remembered as the first time Brussels sprouts were actually delicious, whip them up Dauphinoise style. You'll never get tired of hearing “I never thought I'd like Brussels sprouts!”
- 8 slices of Olymel bacon, cut in three
- Approximately 15 Brussels sprouts, cut in two
- 250 ml béchamel sauce
- 125 ml Parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook Brussels sprouts in cauldron of salted boiling water until tender.
- Rinse Brussels sprouts with cold water to preserve their colour and drain.
- Place Brussels sprouts in broil pan.
- Coat with béchamel sauce and cheese and top with Olymel bacon.
- Cook in oven preheated to 350°F (175°C) for 20 minutes and serve.