What's truly delicious about this Cuban sandwich recipe is the combination of meat and cheese enhanced with mustard, pickles and mayo. Perfecto!
- 350 g Olymel bologna, finely sliced
- 300 g sliced Swiss cheese
- 1 loaf French bread (baguette) or ciabatta
- 150 g dill pickles, sliced
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) mustard
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) mayonnaise
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) butter, softened
- freshly ground pepper
- Cut bread lengthwise and slice into four equal parts. Brush outside surfaces with softened butter.
- Blend mustard and mayonnaise. Brush inside surfaces with mustard/mayo mixture. Fill sandwiches with bologna, cheese and pickles.
- Grill in a large non-stick pan over medium heat, pressing down firmly and turning from time to time, until bread is toasted and cheese is melted.