The whole peewee baseball team is due to show up in an hour totally starved. Make these bologna mini-croissants to give these mini-athletes maxi energy!
- 250 g Olymel bologna, finely sliced
- 250 g store-bought puff pastry
- all-purpose flour
- 175 g grated mozzarella-Swiss cheese mix
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) Meaux (grainy) mustard
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) Dijon mustard
- 1 egg, beaten
- Divide pastry into two balls of 125 g each and roll out on a work surface dusted with flour, forming two circles about 15 cm each. Cut each circle in two and then in four. Cut each quarter into three triangular pieces so you have 12 small triangles of dough.
- Beat egg in a small bowl with the two mustards and brush onto each piece of dough. Spread a little cheese and a little bologna on the wide end of the triangles of dough. Roll up to form crescent shapes. Place on baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Make sure you place the tip of the croissants facing down.
- Brush croissants with rest of egg. Let stand for 10 minutes. Bake at 400° F. (205° C.) for about 15 minutes, till croissants are nicely browned.