- 8 slices cooked ham
- 2 ½ cups (625 ml) frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 cup (250 ml) bread crumbs
- 3 tbsp. (45 ml) lemon herb butter
- ½ cup (250 ml) mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) chopped chives
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) lemon zest
- Salt and pepper
- Place the frozen mixed vegetables in a colander and thaw completely before starting the recipe.
- Place the thawed vegetables on a clean dish towel, fold over the extra cloth on top and drain well.
- In a pan over medium heat, brown the bread crumbs in the lemon herb butter for 5 minutes stirring constantly. Place crumbs on absorbent paper towels and set aside.
- Place the vegetables in a salad bowl with the mayonnaise, mustard, chives, the zest and juice of lemon, add salt and pepper and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 8 equal parts.
- Place 4 slices of ham on a work surface and top with 4 portions of the vegetable mixture. Roll up ham slices and place on a serving platter.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Sprinkle the ham rolls with the toasted breadcrumbs and serve immediately.