« Instead the traditional cooked ham use an Olymel european sausage of your choice , cooked and cut into diagonal slices »
If you're staying home this weekend but your taste buds want to travel, try these Euro-style crêpes stuffed with ham and emmenthal!
- 2 x 175 g packages traditional cooked ham
- 4 large Breton-style crêpes (or 8 medium-sized)
- 300 g Emmental cheese, grated
- 12 stalks asparagus, blanched and chilled
- 4 tablespoons (50 mL) butter
- 4 tablespoons (50 mL) flour
- 2 cups cold milk
- Nutmeg, freshly grated
- Salt and pepper
- Melt butter in a pan, add flour, and cook for a minute before whisking in the milk. Add salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil and cook for two minutes, stirring.
- Spread crêpes with ham, half the cheese and the asparagus. Roll up the crêpes.
- Place crêpes in a buttered ovenproof dish, pour over half the béchamel sauce, and cover with remaining grated cheese. Cook at 375˚F (190˚C) for 15 minutes.