Ham Banh Mi
- 200 g Olymel ham, sliced thin
- 2 small 25 cm (10 in) baguettes
- 2 tbsp. salted butter, softened
- ½ small Lebanese cucumber, sliced thin
- 30 ml fresh cilantro leaves
- 80 g pickled vegetables
- 45 ml mayonnaise
- 30 ml Hoisin sauce
- Jalapeño peppers, sliced thin (optional)
- Sriracha or other hot sauce (optional)
- 40 g carrots, julienned
- 40 g Daïkon radish, julienned
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- Salt to taste
- In a small bowl, mix the sugar and vinegar.
- Add the julienned carrots and Daïkon and a pinch of salt, mix well and refrigerate one hour.
- Spread the insides of the baguettes with butter.
- In a bowl mix the Hoisin and mayonnaise.
- Spread the insides of the baguettes with the mayonnaise mixture. Top with thinly sliced ham, pickled vegetables, cucumber slices, jalapeño slices and cilantro leaves.
- Finish with the hot sauce.