- 300 g waxed bologna, cut into large sticks
- 2 cups (500 ml) hot chili (homemade or store bought)
- 1 ½ cup (375 ml) marble cheddar, grated
- 6 slices country-style bread
- 1 cup (250 ml) sour cream
- Oil for cooking
- Heat a cast iron pan over high heat and toast bread slices without any oil or butter. Remove and set aside.
- In the same pan, pour in some olive oil and sauté the bologna sticks until well coloured. Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Preheat broiler.
- Place bread slices side by side and top with hot chili, bologna sticks, then the cheese.
- Place on upper oven rack and broil 3 to 5 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
- Serve immediately accompanied by sour cream.