« Add slices of Olymel smoked bacon, precooked to the crunchy stage. »
You had the brilliant idea of having all your nieces and nephews over for the day. To make sure they relish the memory, make grilled bologna and melted cheddar sandwiches!
- 150 g Olymel bologna, thinly sliced
- 150 g cheddar cheese slices
- 4 slices multigrain bread
- 1/2 small onion, minced
- 10 ml (1 teaspoon) olive oil
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) mayonnaise
- 45 ml (3 tablespoons) butter, softened
- freshly ground pepper
- Warm olive oil in large non-stick pan over high heat. Add onions and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes. Season with pepper. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Brush one side of each slice of bread with softened butter.
- Brush other side of each slice with mayonnaise.
- Top two slices with half the cheese, add caramelized onions, sliced bologna and remaining cheese. Place other two slices of bread on top.
- Grill in large non-stick pan over medium heat, pressing down and turning from time to time until bread is nicely toasted and cheese is melted.