Rice and ham salad.
« Avocado is easier to cut into cubes if not completely ripe. »
Our lives seem to be a perpetual race against the clock! Between walking the dog, sports activities and doing the wash, there's not a lot of time leftover to breathe. Here's a ham and rice salad recipe that'll make everybody happy without you spending hours in the kitchen. You might even find some time to finish that book!
- 350 g of thin slices Olymel Cooked Pork Smoked Meat
- 750 mL (3 cups) of long-grain rice, cooked
- 250 mL (1 cup) of cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 3 green onions, finely sliced
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- ½ red pepper, diced
- 1 egg yolk
- 15 mL (1 tablespoon) of Dijon mustard
- 160 mL (2/3 cup) of vegetable oil
- 1/2 lime, zest and juice
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) of orange juice
- Tabasco sauce
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Combine egg yolk and mustard in a bowl. Add a few drops of Tabasco sauce, salt and pepper. Add oil gradually, whisking. Stir in lime juice and zest and orange juice.
- Combine dressing, rice, green onions, mango, pepper, tomatoes and avocado in a large bowl and mix well.
- Roll up ham or slice and add to salad.
- Divide salad among plates and top with ham.