For cooking on a BBQ, light one side of BBQ and turn to high, follow steps 1 to 6 and place stuffed breast on unlit side. Cook with indirect heat about 1 hour 30 minutes turning periodically. Bake until internal temperature reads 175°F (80°C). After, proceed as with oven cooking.
- 1 Flamingo turkey breast, around 900 g to 1 kg
- ½ 450 g package Amoré mild Italian sausages (3)
- 175 g spinach, washed and dried
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped fine
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. fresh chopped basil, or dried
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
- 500 ml Marinara sauce or other sauce of your choice
- In a frying pan on high heat, sauté the onion for 2 minutes in 1 tbsp. oil, stirring occasionally. Add garlic and cook another minute. Add spinach and sauté while stirring to wilt and dry the spinach. Transfer to a bowl to cool. Add the beaten egg, mix well and season with salt and pepper. Keep cool.
- Remove skins from sausages and transfer meat to a bowl. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (195°C).
- Cut trought the side of the turkey breast without cutting through the breast completely and then open it up like a book. Set aside.
- Spread a large sheet of aluminum foil on a work surface. Brush the centre with 1 tbsp. olive oil and sprinkle with basil, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Place the turkey breast on the herbs. Spread the sausage meat over the turkey breast halves taking care to leave 2 cm clear all around. Place spinach in centre and close breast halves together. Roll with the foil to form a bundle (like a candy), wrapping another sheet of foil around if desired.
- Bake around 1 hour 30 minutes turning halfway through cooking. Bake until internal temperature reads 175°F (80°C). Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes. Remove aluminum foil. Cut into slices and serve on a bed of hot Marinara sauce.