« Do not hesitate to drag two forks in opposite directions across meat grain to «pull» pork. »
A slow-simmered dish is a fitting finale to an epic family snowball fight! And with our Texan chili with pulled pork, the chef is definitely the winner!
- 1 package Olymel BBQ Pulled Pork, 400g
- 1 onion, diced
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 125 ml (½ cup) celery, diced
- 1 can (540 ml - 19 oz) red kidney beans, rinsed and strained
- 125 ml (½ cup) fresh or frozen kernel corn
- 1 can (796 ml) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (176 ml) tomato paste
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) chili powder
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) ground cumin
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) dried oregano
- Freshly ground salt and pepper, to taste
- Corn chips (nachos)
- 250 ml (1 cup) old Cheddar cheese, grated
- 125 ml (½ cup) fresh coriander, scissor cut
- 125 ml (½ cup) sour cream or rich, thick yogurt
- 1 lime, cut in quarters
- In a saucepan, cook the onion in oil. Add garlic, bell pepper and celery. Brown for approximately three minutes. Add kidney beans, corn, tomatoes, tomato paste and seasonings. Add salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for approximately 40 minutes or until vegetables are tender and chili has thickened. Stir occasionally. Add pulled pork and mix thoroughly.
- Remove saucepan from heat and correct seasoning. Pour chili into bowls. Sprinkle with grated cheese and coriander. Top each bowl with sour cream or yogurt and lime quarters. Serve with corn chips.