Roast pork eye of round with mushroom cream sauce
- 1 package Olymel pork eye of round
- 125 g white mushrooms
- 125 g portobello or oyster or shiitake mushrooms
- 250 ml (1 cup) milk
- 125 ml (½ cup) cooking cream
- 125 ml (½ cup) chicken stock
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 shallots, finely sliced
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) olive oil
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) butter
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) all-purpose flour
- Rosemary, fresh or dried, to taste
- Salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Heat a pan over high heat with 15 ml (1 tbsp.) olive oil
- Brown the pork eye of round. Remove from oven and transfer to a baking dish.
- Roast 15 to 17 minutes until meat reaches an internal temperature of 165°F (75°C).
- While roasting the meat, add the butter and the remaining olive oil to a pan with the shallots, and cook stirring occasionally for one minute. Add the garlic and mushrooms. Cook three minutes, add the flour and coat well. Add the stock, milk, cream and rosemary and correct seasoning. Bring to a boil and let simmer.
- Remove pork eye of round from oven and tent with aluminum foil.
- Let rest 5 minutes before slicing.
- Pour mushroom sauce over top.