Pulled Pork Torta
- 1 package pulled pork
- ½ can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- ½ red onion, cut into thin slices
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) red wine vinegar
- 4 Bolillo breads or ciabatta squares
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- Fresh cilantro, to taste
- Butter, for cooking
- Warm up the pulled pork as indicated on the package, then, using 2 forks, pull the meat into strands. Return the pork to the sauce and mix well.
- Finely chop the chipotle peppers in adobo sauce and incorporate into the pulled pork.
- Place the onion slices in a stainless steel or glass bowl and add salt and the vinegar. Mix well and let stand 10 minutes.
- Butter the insides of the bread, heat a cast iron pan over high heat and toast the breads. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Top the bread with the chipotle pulled pork, tomatoes and cilantro.
- Drain the marinated onion slices and add them to the sandwiches, close and serve immediately.