Pork Eye of Round Medallions with Whisky BBQ Sauce.
- 750 g Olymel pork eye of round
- 500 ml whisky BBQ sauce (see attached recipe)
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C)
- Remove pork eye of round from its packaging and cut each piece into 6 slices to yield 12 medallions.
- Wrap each medallion in plastic wrap and flatten by pounding gently with a meat hammer or the bottom of frying pan. Repeat for each medallion.
- Heat a large frying pan with the olive oil on high heat.
- Salt and pepper the pork and brown on each side.
- Transfer the medallions to a baking sheet covered with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Brush them with BBQ sauce and bake until pork reaches an internal temperature 145°F (63°C) for medium rare.
- Serve accompanied by the remaining BBQ sauce.