Mango Merguez & Mint Roll up
- 1 package merguez sausages
- 3 sprigs fresh mint, stems removed, chopped
- 1 large mango, coarsely chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped fine
- ¼ cup (60 ml) sweet chili sauce
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) grated ginger
- 4 very fresh plain pita breads
- 1 cucumber, julienned
- 1 package alfalfa sprouts
- Salt and pepper
- Place the mint, mango, green onion, sweet chili sauce and ginger in a bowl and mix well.
- Cook merguez sausages on the barbecue.
- When ready to serve, heat pita breads quickly on the grill and place on a work surface.
- Top each pita with 2 sausages, then the cucumber and sprouts and garnish with the spicy mango sauce.
- Roll up the pitas and secure them with wooden skewers.
- Serve immediately.