Roasted asparagus with bacon and sesame
When you combine what you love with what's good for you, perfect happiness is possible! So add a little bacon to that asparagus and watch your guests make it disappear from their plates like magic.
- 8 slices Olymel naturally smoked bacon
- 1 bunch asparagus, about 20-25 spears, hard bases snapped off
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. sesame oil
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic chopped fine
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 400 °F (205 °C)
- In a bowl, combine olive oil, sesame oil, brown sugar, garlic and black pepper. Set aside.
- Cover a baking sheet in aluminum foil and on top place a grill coated with cooking spray.
- Separate asparagus into 4 equal bundles. Roll up each in 2 slices of bacon and place on grill.
- Brush bacon-wrapped asparagus with sugar-oil mixture.
- Roast in oven until bacon is crisp.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with sesame seeds.