« Add your choice of vegetable and bacon lardoons to your salad to vary recipe. »
For a fabulous new take on fusilli salad, try adding bacon & cheddar sausage. But don't count on having any leftovers!
- 1 package (450 g) Olymel Bacon & Cheddar Sausage (or your favourite flavour)
- 750 ml fusilli, cooked
- 6 green onions, cut in 2.5 cm lengths
- 60 ml celery, diced
- 30 g dried tomato, coarsely chopped
- 250 ml cherry tomatoes, cut in two
- 50 g pitted black olives, cut in two
- 125 g cheddar cheese, diced
- Freshly ground salt and pepper, to taste
- 15 ml Dijon mustard
- 45 ml wine vinegar
- 125 ml (½ cup) olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 5 ml dried oregano
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta and set aside to cool. Cook sausage according to instructions on packaging, cut on a slant and set aside to cool.
- In bowl, whisk together mustard and wine vinegar. Gradually add oil while whisking. Add garlic and oregano, and pepper to taste.
- In large bowl, thoroughly mix pasta, sausage and other ingredients. Add vinaigrette, mix and check seasoning.