Spaghettis with Merguez Sausage, Clam, and Boursin
« For a more affordable version of this recipe, replace the white wine with the juice of the canned clams. »
When surf meets turf, dinner is just amazing! Try serving up this spaghetti with merguez sausage, clams and Boursin cheese and make someone happy!
- 1 package (375 g) Olymel Merguez European Sausages
- 1 container (245 g) Boursin Cuisine Garlic & Fine Herbs
- 300 g spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 2 French shallots, minced
- 3 fresh tomatoes, peeled, seeded and diced (or canned, drained)
- 1 small can baby clams, drained (set juice aside to replace wine, if desired)
- 75 ml white wine
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) olive oil
- Freshly ground salt and pepper, to taste
- Blanch merguez sausages in boiling water for three minutes. Remove from water and set aside to cool. Cut slantwise and grill in hot saucepan with 15 ml olive oil for three minutes. Remove from saucepan and pat dry to remove oil.
- In the same saucepan, combine shallots and remaining olive oil and cook until shallots and translucid. Add white wine (or juice from canned clams) and clams and cook for three minutes.
- Add tomatoes, grilled merguez sausages and Boursin Cuisine. Mix thoroughly, season and keep warm. When ready to serve, mix sauce with spaghetti. Dress on pasta dish and serve.