- 2 packages (175 g each) shaved pork smoked meat
- 2 white onions, sliced
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) salt
- ¾ cup (180 ml) white vinegar
- ½ cup (125 ml) water
- 1 ½ tbsp. (22.5 ml) pickling spice
- 1 ½ tbsp.(22.5 ml) brown sugar
- 8 mini hamburger buns
- Softened butter
- 1/3 cup (85 ml) honey or maple syrup flavoured mustard
- Place onion slices in a glass or stainless steel salad bowl, sprinkle with salt, mix well and let stand 30 minutes.
- Rinse onions in running water, drain well and return to salad bowl.
- Pour the vinegar and water into a stainless steel saucepan, add spices and brown sugar and bring to a simmer stirring constantly, then let steep 5 minutes.
- Pour the boiling marinade over the onions and mix well, submerging the slices as much as possible. Chill in the refrigerator turning over onions regularly.
- Spread bread with a thin coat of butter and grill in a pan over medium heat.
- Places bottoms on a work surface, spread with mustard and arrange pork smoked meat on top.
- Garnish the burgers with the marinated onions, close and serve immediately.