Smoked Ham with Sweet and sour pineapple and maple syrup
« Use quartered peaches or pears instead of pineapple. Cook on the BBQ over indirect heat. »
You don't need a special occasion to serve a smoked ham. Try this recipe with sweet and sour pineapple and maple syrup and make every day a holiday!
- 1 Hickory Flavour Smoked Ham, 50% less salt
- 300 mL maple syrup
- 100 mL cider vinegar or wine vinegar
- 75 mL water
- ½ freshly peeled diced pineapple (or one 396 mL can of diced pineapple)
- 4 chopped shallots
- Pepper, thyme and cloves
- Mix maple syrup, water, vinegar, shallots, pepper and thyme.
- Place ham in pan, stick cloves into rind of ham, and add syrup mixture. Cover and cook in the oven at 350°F (175°C) for 20 minutes. Add pineapple and cook 25 minutes longer.
- Remove from oven, keep warm and reduce sauce to desired consistency.