Quesadilla with Mild Toulouse Sausage and Boursin
« Serve with Mexican salad. »
The number of things you can make with tortillas is just crazy! Have you tried them with Toulouse sausage and Boursin cheese? It's true that makes them a bit less Mexican but they are still mucho delicioso!
- 1/2 package Olymel Mild Toulouse European Sausages
- 1 container (245 g) Boursin Cuisine Tomato & Mediterranean Herbs
- 4 large tortilla
- 1/2 green bell pepper, cut in strips
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut in strips
- 1 onion, cut in strips
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) olive oil
- Freshly ground salt and pepper, to taste
Delicately handle tortilla while cooking until they are completely browned. For more flavour, add 5 ml cumin and chili to vegetable and sausage mix.
- Blanch sausages in boiling water for five minutes. Remove from water and set aside to cool. Cut slantwise and set aside.
- In a frying pan, combine pepper and onion with 15 ml olive oil. Cook until onion is browned and add garlic and sausage. Cook for five minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spead an equal quantity of Boursin Cuisine and vegetable and sausage mix over half of each tortilla. Fold tortilla and brush on both sides with remaining olive oil. Cook tortilla on grill or in a pan until browned.