« Do not hesitate to drag two forks in opposite directions across meat grain to «pull» pork. »
As amazing as it sounds, there's leftover pulled pork in the fridge! Quick, combine it with some red kidney beans and kernels of sweet corn for an incredibly tasty salad.
- 1 package Olymel BBQ Pulled Pork, 400g
- 8 large leaves of lettuce
- 12 cherry tomatoes, cut in two
- ½ red onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup rice, cooked
- 1 cup black beans, cooked
- 1 cup mixed beans, cooked
- 1 cup kernel corn
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 30 ml (2 tbsp. wine vinegar
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 2 tbsp. coriander, minced
- Freshly ground salt and pepper, to taste
- A few drops of tabasco, to taste (optional)
To make your recipe easier, use store-bought beans.
- In a large bowl, thoroughly mix all ingredients except for pulled pork and lettuce and set aside.
- Cook pulled pork following instructions on packaging and keep warm.
- Divide lettuce leaves into four bowls or over four plates, add Mexican salad mix at their centre and finish with pulled pork.