Pulled Pork and Zucchini Quesadillas
- ½ package of pulled pork
- 1 zucchini, cut into rounds
- 1 lime, for the juice
- ½ cup (125 ml) cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped
- 2 packages string cheese
- 2 10-inch (25 cm) tortillas
- Vegetable oil, for cooking
- Heat the pulled pork as indicated on the package.
- When the pork is hot, pull it into strands using 2 forks, return the meat to its sauce and keep warm.
- Heat a bit of vegetable oil in a pan over medium-high heat and fry the zucchini slices until golden brown.
- Place the still-warm zucchini slices in a bowl, pour over the lime juice, add salt and pepper and cilantro and mix well.
- Pull the cheese into strings.
- Place 1 tortilla on a work surface and top with the pulled pork.
- Add the zucchini-cilantro mixture, top with cheese and cover with the second tortilla.
- Heat a large non-stick pan over medium heat and toast the quesadillas for 3 minutes. Place a plate over the quesadillas, flip the pan over in one motion, then slide the quesadilla carefully back into the pan to turn over. Cook another 3 minutes.
- Cut the quesadilla into wedges and serve immediately.