Pork Smoked Meat Spring Rolls
- 2 packages (175 g each) shaved pork smoked meat
- ¼ cup (60 ml) hoisin sauce
- ¼ cup (60 ml) peanut butter
- ¼ cup (60 ml) vegetable milk (coconut, almond, soy)
- 1 ½ tsp. (7.5 ml) ground ginger
- 9 shrimps, cooked (size 21-25)
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 1 petit daikon, julienned
- 2 cups (500 ml) rice vermicelli, cooked
- 5-6 sprigs fresh mint
- 5-6 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 8-10 sheets rice paper
- Place the hoisin sauce, peanut butter, vegetable milk and ginger in a bowl and mix well.
- Cut shrimp in 2 lengthwise. Set aside.
- Separate the smoked meat into 8 equal parts.
- Quickly dunk 1 sheet of rice paper into a bowl of lukewarm water, just long enough to soften, and place flat on a work surface.
- Place 1 smoked meat portion in the centre of the rice paper and form into a small sausage shape.
- Place a bit of each of the toppings alongside the pork, except the shrimp.
- Roll the rice paper up around the fillings 2/3 of the way, taking care to tuck in the sides.
- Place 3 shrimp halves end to end on the roll and continue rolling, pressing lightly so it all holds together. The shrimp should show through the rice paper.
- Keep the rolls under a damp dishcloth until all are rolled.
- When ready to serve, divide the ginger peanut sauce into 4 ramekins and serve immediately.