Pork eye of round medallions with caramelized apples
- 1 package Olymel pork eye of round
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) canola oil
- 275 ml store-bought demi-glace sauce
- 2 Cortland or Granny Smith apples, peeled and quartered
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) maple syrup
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) cider vinegar
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) butter
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. ground cloves
- Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Cut pork eye of round into 12 equal medallions and keep refrigerated.
- Heat the demi-glace sauce, keep warm.
- Heat a frying pan with butter and 15 ml (1 tbsp.) olive oil, add apple quarters and cook stirring occasionally for two minutes. Add the syrup, vinegar and spices, cook until mixture thickens, add the demi-glace sauce and keep warm.
- Salt and pepper the medallions.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large frying pan over medium high heat and cook the medallions, turning once halfway through cooking and cook until the internal temperature reaches 165°F (75°C). To avoid drying don't overcook.
- Serve the medallions accompanied by the sauce.