« Add 125 mL (1/2 cup) cream for a rosée sauce. »
Unbelievable! A sudden downpour stretched the drive home to 2 hours! To brighten your evening, what do you say to a heaping bowl of pasta with sun dried tomatoes and olives?
- 5 Olymel Mild Toulouse Sausages, (or your favorite flavour)
- 4 to 6 cups cooked pasta, your choice
- 2 tomatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 75 g sundried tomatoes, cut into julienne strips
- 1 clove garlic
- 125 mL (½ cup) of black or green olives, pitted
- 30 mL (2 tablespoons) of olive oil
- 30 mL (2 tablespoons) of fresh basil, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Cook sausages in boiling water for 5 to 7 minutes. Let cool and cut into diagonal slices.
- Heat oil in a pan and cook sausages till golden. Set aside, keeping warm.
- Sauté garlic and onion in the same pan. Add fresh and sundried tomatoes and olives and cook for 2 minutes. Add sausages and pasta and mix well. Divide pasta among 4 plates and garnish with fresh basil.