« Use frozen cranberries instead of blueberries. Cook on the BBQ over indirect heat. »
With applewood and blueberry maple sauce, you can work wonders! Serve this ham dish accompanied by tiny root vegetables and you'll make your mother-in-law's day.
- 1 Olymel Applewood Smoked Flavour Smoked Ham, 50% less salt
- 250 mL maple syrup
- 125 mL water
- 350 g fresh blueberries or frozen blueberries (thawed)
- 4 shallots, chopped
- Olive oil
- Thyme, bay leaf
- Freshly ground pepper
- Place ham in ovenproof pan. Add water, maple syrup , vinegar, thyme, bay leaf and pepper. Cover and cook in the oven at 350˚F (175˚C) for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and keep warm. Save pan juices and put through a strainer.
- Sauté shallots in a frying pan with olive oil. Add blueberries, cinnamon and pan juices. Reduce sauce to desired consistency.