Mild Toulouse Sausages with Avocado and Grapefruit Salsa
« Prepare this recipe in 3 easy steps »
They say a wise cook always has an avocado on hand… and it's true! Toss it with some grapefruit and serve the resulting salsa with hunks of Toulouse sausage for a great dish that will have them coming back for more.
- 1 pack (450 g) Olymel European Sausages Mild Toulouse
- 2 avocados , diced
- 2 pink grapefruits segments, peeled
- The juice of the 2 grapefruits
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 15 ml lime juice
- 30 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 30 ml fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 5 ml cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Branches of fresh coriander, to garnish
- Cook the sausages according to the cooking mode indicated on the pack and put aside.
- In a bowl, mix the avocado dices, the grapefruit segments, the red onion dices, the grapefruit juice, the lime juice, the olive oil, the chopped coriander leaves and the cumin. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut each sausage in 8 slices, bevelled. Serve each slice with some salsa in an Asian spoon and garnish with branches of fresh coriander.