« Do not hesitate to drag two forks in opposite directions across meat grain to «pull» pork. »
Your oldest daughter has just announced she's having a graduation party. Put on a buffet with these Mexican pulled pork bites. You don't need a degree to know everyone will love ‘em.
- 1 package Olymel BBQ Pulled Pork, 400g
- 4 tortillas, cut in 6 triangles
- 250 g “Mexican blend” grated cheese
- ¼ red pepper, cut finely diced
Optional Mexican coleslaw as side dish
- 1 cup cabbage, finely minced
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 tbsp. fresh coriander, minced
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) canola oil
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) lime juice
- ½ tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. cumin
- Freshly ground salt and pepper, to taste
Avoid overcooking garnished tortillas to prevent softening and serve them immediately.
- In a bowl, mix all coleslaw ingredients. Set aside. Preheat oven to 350 °F (180 °C).
- Cook pulled pork following instructions on packaging and keep warm.
- Place tortilla triangles on lightly oiled cooking sheet, stuff with pulled pork, sprinkle with grated cheese and finish with diced pepper. Place garnished tortillas in oven and cook until cheese is golden.