Ham smoked over apple
« Use 350 mL white wine instead of beer. Cook on the BBQ over indirect heat. »
APPLEWOOD SMOKED HAM Just when is the Year of the Ham? Soon we hope, so you can serve ham at Christmas, Thanksgiving and Easter and give the turkey a break.
- 1 Olymel Applewood Smoked Flavour Smoked Ham, 50% less salt
- 1 bottle strong beer
- 150 g brown sugar
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Place ham in pan, stick cloves into rind of ham.
- Combine beer, brown sugar, onion and spices; pour over ham in pan. Cover and cook in the oven at 350˚F (175˚C) for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and keep warm. Strain the sauce and reduce to desired consistency.
- Serve with fried potatoes and grilled vegetables.