Ham, lima bean and red pepper stir-fry.
« Serve on a bed of rice or pasta. »
It's true that vegetables are really good for you and we need to eat even more of them, but doing the selling job on the family isn't always easy. This stir fry recipe with ham, Lima beans and red peppers will help your cause. Long live #vegetable power…with ham!
- 550 g of Olymel Smoked Ham, cut in large pieces
- 15 mL (1 tablespoon) of oil
- 15 mL (1 tablespoon) of butter
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 350 mL of Lima beans, thawed and blanched
- 1 pinch nutmeg, freshly grated
- 10 mL (2 teaspoons) of cornstarch
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) of chicken stock
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Fresh herbs, chopped (parsley, basil, tarragon, coriander)
- Heat oil in a large pan and melt butter. Sauté ham over high heat till nicely browned. Add vegetables and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Add nutmeg.
- Dissolve cornstarch in chicken stock.
- Pour stock into pan and mix well to coat ham and vegetables.
- Bring to a boil and let simmer until mixture has thickened.
- Correct seasoning if necessary. Serve sprinkled with fresh herbs, with rice or pasta.