Focaccia with Mild Toulouse Sausage
« Prepare this recipe in 3 easy steps »
Did you know that, in Italian, you say era squisito when something's exquisite and delicious. After you taste this fougasse with Toulouse sausage and cherry tomatoes, everyone is sure to say era squisito!
- 1 package (450 g) Olymel Mild Toulouse sausages, blanched and cut in 5 pieces each
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 12 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 16 black olives, sliced
- 200 g Feta cheese, diced
- 50 g Parmesan cheese, grated
- 800 g fresh pizza dough
- All-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. fresh basil, minced or 1 tsp. dried basil
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). In saucepan, heat up 1 tbsp. olive oil over medium heat. Brown sausage for five minutes and drain fat. Add oregano and set aside to cool down.
- Roll out dough over floured surface. Place on oiled cooking sheet. Top dough with cooked sausage, tomato quarters and olive slices. Finish with cheese. Press toppings into dough, cover with wet towel and let dough rise for 30 minutes.
- Cook focaccia for approximately 15 minutes. Take out of oven and sprinkle with minced basil. Serve.