Creamy polenta and pulled pork
- 1 package of pulled pork
- 2 cups (500 ml) of water
- 2 cups (500 ml) of milk
- 1 cup (250 ml) of instant polenta
- 1/3 cup (85 ml) of butter
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) of kernel corn
- 1 tomato, deseeded and diced
- Salt and pepper
- Heat pulled pork per package instructions, then pull apart into long strands using two forks. Place pork back in the sauce and keep warm.
- Pour water and milk in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Add salt.
- Sprinkle in the polenta while stirring quickly.
- When the polenta starts to thicken, reduce heat to medium and continue cooking for 5 minutes, while stirring constantly with a wooden spoon.
- Remove from heat, and season with pepper. Stir in butter and cheese.
- Immediately spread polenta on 4 serving plates, top with hot pulled pork, garnish with kernel corn and diced tomatoes. Serve right away.