- 16 slices of salami
- ½ cup (125 ml) mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sundried tomato pesto
- 6 merguez sausages, cooked
- 4 Berber loaves with nigella seed
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 4 leaves iceberg lettuce, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place salami slices side by side on the sheet and bake 10 to 12 minutes or until uniformly dry. Remove from oven and place salami chips on a double thickness of paper towels to drain.
- Place mayonnaise and pesto in bowl and mix well.
- Reheat merguez sausages and split in two lengthwise.
- Warm up Berber loaves and cut in two.
- Spread insides of bread with pesto mayonnaise, place 3 sausage slices on each base, garnish with onion, shredded lettuce and salami chips.
- Serve immediately.