- 1 package Olymel BBQ Pulled Pork, 400 g
- 1 package Imperial roll dough, 454 g
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- ½ tsp. sesame oil
- 1 medium onion, cut into small dice
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 350 g cabbage cut into fine strips
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. ginger, minced
- ½ tsp. 5-spice mix
- 1 egg beaten with a little water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the two oils in a very large sauté pan or wok on medium heat.
- Add vegetables and cook 5 minutes. Add ¼ cup water, garlic, ginger and 5-spice mix.
- Cook stirring occasionally until vegetables are tender but not overcooked and liquid has evaporated, about 15 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a large bowl and add the pulled pork. Mix well and set aside.
- Preheat a deep fryer to 350°F (175°C)
- Spread Imperial roll dough on work surface six at a time. Baste the borders of each square with the beaten egg.
- Fill each roll with 2 tbsp. of the filling mixture and close the dough around the filling, sealing the seams with a fork.
- Fry rolls 6 at a time for 3 to 5 minutes turning halfway through. Fry for 3 minutes if freezing for future use and 5 minutes if for immediate use.
- Drain on absorbent paper and serve with the dipping sauce of your choice.