Small Mexican Style Croustades with Old Fashioned Smoked Ham
« Perfect for game night ! »
For a Mexican-style cocktail without having to cross the border, get out the miniature parasols and serve piña coladas to accompany our small croustades with old fashioned smoked ham. Don't forget to order the warm weather and sunshine!
- 1 package (150 g) Olymel Smart & Natural old fashioned smoked ham
- 24 scoop-style corn tortilla chips
- 300 g Monterey Jack or grated Mexican cheese mix
- 1 cup (250 ml) salsa
- ¾ cup (175 ml) sour cream
- 1 cup (250 ml) black beans, cooked and drained
- 1 ½ cups (375 ml) kernel corn
- 15 ml olive oil
- Freshly grated pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) fresh coriander, minced
- Mix corn and olive oil, add pepper and cook in oven preheated to 400°F (205°C) until corn is completely roasted, for about 10 minutes. Let corn cool down and mix with minced coriander.
- Place corn tortilla chips on baking sheet lined with parchment paper and add a bit of salsa, beans and ham in each chip.
- Cover with cheese and cook in oven until cheese is melted for approximately five minutes. Take out of oven, top each chip with a small quantity of sour cream and coriander roasted corn and serve.
- Marc Laroche, Corporate Chef, Olymel