BACON, CHEESE AND ROASTED VEGETABLE QUESADILLAS
You'll get the gold medal for lunch originality if you put these bacon, cheese and roasted vegetable quesadillas in the kids' lunch. And you'll go straight to the top of the top 10 coolest parents list for the week #Ilovemymom
- 375 g Olymel bacon cut into pieces
- 4 large tortillas
- 300 g grated Mexican cheese mix
- ½ red pepper cut into strips
- ½ green pepper cut into strips
- ½ an onion cut into strips
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) olive oil
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) chopped fresh cilantro
- 5 ml cumin
- 5 ml chili powder
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 175 ml sour cream
- 175 ml store bought salsa
- Preheat oven to 400 °F (205 °C)
- In a bowl, combine vegetables, cumin, chili powder and 15 ml (1 tbsp.) olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and mix well. Bake (or sauté in a pan) until vegetables start to colour. Keep warm.
- Pan fry bacon on high heat until crisp. Drain on absorbent paper. Combine bacon with roasted vegetables.
- Spread half the cheese on the tortillas, add the bacon, vegetables and chopped cilantro and top with the remaining cheese. Fold tortillas into half-moons.
- Brush tortillas with remaining oil and grill in a pan on medium high heat. During cooking, gently turn quesadillas until golden and cheese is melted.
- Cut into three sections and serve with sour cream and salsa.